After massive pay cuts and job losses, college graduates are the most hit due to record-low unemployment, automation and artificial intelligence implementation, and the recent pandemic.
As the campus hirings take a hit, almost two-thirds of the freshers are jobless. With the shifting workplace trends and significant monumental changes, employers must evolve with the latest recruiting, hiring, and retention trends. To keep up with the latest trends and find top talent, employers need to meet the candidates where they are – on college or university campuses.
Let’s dig into campus recruitment’s what, why, and how.
What is campus recruitment?
Campus recruitment is the strategy of sourcing, engaging, and hiring fresh talent. College recruitment is primarily conducted for high-volume recruitment requirements. The process involves working with universities and attending career fairs to meet recent graduates and college students. While companies spend considerable resources, including travel, time, and costs for campus visits and career fairs to attract top talent, virtual recruitment has come to the rescue. Virtual campus hiring involves sourcing the candidates, evaluating them with assessments, conducting online interviews, and hiring employees online. It helps companies cope with outdated recruitment, time constraints, and sheer volume limitations. Explore the top talent acquisition tools to hire faster and better.
Campus recruitment advantages
The power of digital is not limited to social media. The new generation of students is more inept than ever before. Using online campus hiring solutions is a terrific approach to ensure that your organization has the top talent to achieve your company’s objectives. Here are the top benefits of campus recruitment:
- Saves time and efforts: Everyone wants to save effort and time throughout the campus recruitment process in this fast-paced world. Before the advent of the digital age, companies had to devote their whole day to hiring candidates. They had to give advertisements, process applications, filter the candidates, take assessments, and conduct a lengthy interview process. But with campus recruitment, things have become easier as companies can directly coordinate with the universities and find the talent they need.
- Better employee retention: Everyone wishes to feel valued. Similarly, employees feel better at the workplace when they are valued, appreciated, and recognized. While recruiting on campus, companies can offer a clear understanding of the job requirements and understand the skills of candidates to make a perfect match. Hiring employees just after graduation allows companies to welcome fully dedicated and committed people. As a result, it implies less financial investment for businesses to replace employees prone to frequently leaving their jobs.
- Gaining New Skills and Knowledge: It is easier to choose individuals with a high level of passion and confidence when hiring through campuses. For the same reason, campus hiring is considered one of the most acceptable methods of acquiring new talent allowing organizations to thrive in ruthless competition easily. In addition, the modern campus hiring solutions enable companies to evaluate the technical and non-technical skills of the candidates to have a thorough understanding of the skills held by the candidate and ensure high-quality hiring decisions.
- Wide pool of candidates: The companies will get a wide choice of candidates for various job openings. Therefore, it is easier to select the right candidate from a vast pool of fresh talents within a limited time. At the same time, the students can also get a good job that matches their qualification level even before finishing the academic course at the university.
- Relationship between organizations and universities: When the campus placement drives are conducted, the organizations and universities share a better relationship. It facilitates the career of graduates with new work opportunities. Moreover, the students working in companies can recommend the company to their juniors and eventually aid in improved synergy between the university and the organization.
Campus recruitment challenges
Although campus recruitment helps companies source the best talent, it is a double-edged sword. Here are the hiring challenges of campus recruitment:
- High volume of talent pool: The companies need to screen a large volume of candidates during campus recruitment drives. However, it is an exhausting task to send representatives to campuses and screen thousands of candidates. Furthermore, establishing a good rapport with thousands of candidates is problematic. This challenge can be resolved by assessing the skills using a technology platform as it increases the efficiency of recruiters.
- Resumes are the single source of hiring: Resumes need to be considered as an all-or-nothing document to screen the candidates. Often, employers lose on good candidates when they focus solely on the resume. In addition, when companies deal with a high volume of applications, the hiring team does not get sufficient time to review resumes thoroughly. The candidates are more diverse and nuanced, and many other characteristics are essential in the hiring process.
- Limited time and resources: Most organizations send a small group of employees to the universities for hiring. When many candidates outnumber the staff, coordinating the entire hiring campaign presents many challenges. This leads to an inefficient, complex, and slow hiring process. Using online hiring and video interview platforms, multiple candidates can be interviewed simultaneously, and the staff can also save their time and resources.
Don’t wait to opt best-in-class campus hiring solution
When approached correctly, campus recruitment can become a perfect source of top talent for your organization. By connecting the job seekers online, conducting online interviews, hiring a diverse team, and developing an attractive brand, campus recruitment can be super beneficial for companies and applicants. Embracing the right online hiring solution can further enhance the process and ensure a mutually beneficial relationship. Start your free trial to get started today.
- Big Challenges Facing Tech Teams and How to Tackle Them - November 15, 2022
- Protect Test Integrity in Remote Assessments with AI - November 7, 2022
- Skill Gaps in Software Development: How to Identify and Close Them? - October 31, 2022