The future is unpredictable. With the rate at which technology is advancing, soon new jobs will be created, which our current workforce is seemingly unprepared for. Studies have shown that there is a stark skills gap in the industry. If businesses don’t deal with it in time, they could face a future talent crisis.
The imminent need for future-proofing the workforce is staring us in our faces. Many companies around the world have already started working on employing talent development programs. Investing in upskilling and reskilling talent is the need of the hour. The advent of Automation and AI has put over 36 million jobs under the threat of displacement in the US alone. While machines are taking over the existing job roles, new job roles are being created that demand different skill sets.
Companies that want to stay relevant in the coming future must invest in improving skills in their workforce. A recent Deloitte study found that between 2018 to 2028, around 2.4 million jobs will be left unfilled because of the prevalent skills gap in the industry. This severe problem requires companies to work together with their employees and commit to a comprehensive talent development program. Here are a few steps that can help you deal with the impending crisis.
1. Conduct a comprehensive skills mapping program: Identifying talent gaps in the workforce is a crucial step. You can map employee skills according to their present and future needs. You’ll need a proper gap analysis with deep insights. This will help you develop a customized upskilling and reskilling strategy.
2. Initiate an upskilling and reskilling program: Once your upskilling and reskilling strategy is in place, you can launch an employee training program. You’ll need the strategy to start employee training in a way that keeps people motivated. A good upskilling and reskilling program will include your company’s and employees’ needs.
3. Adopt new methods of learning: Ideally, a good learning environment would be inspired by the latest technologies. However, you’ll need to ensure your employee training program is aligned when you’re future-proofing your workforce. Virtual learning environments, simulations, and gamification are some highly engaging tools for learning. In addition, you can choose short and interesting video-based modules.
4. Promote a continuous learning environment: Learning is a lifelong process that needs to be incorporated into your talent development programs. You will need to nurture a continuous learning mindset in your employees. Ongoing assessments can help you and your employees keep an eye on the skills gap. You could also put an incentive program in place for more motivation.
5. Put a sound support system in place: A good talent development program needs a sound support system in place. First, you’ll need highly qualified trainers who can quickly solve doubts. Then, if you’re investing in a talent development platform, you need to ensure that they provide good support for the platform. But, it doesn’t stop there. Employees will also need internal support from within your company. Your employees should never feel like they don’t have enough support. That can prove to be highly detrimental to their spirits.
What can you do?
The skills gap crisis is so pressing that multiple talent development platforms are available today. Otomeyt’s talent development platform is one such solution that can help you do everything we’ve just talked about. From identifying the skills map to giving powerful insights and helping you create personalized training content, Otomeyt is with you from the get-go.
Otomeyt comes with an integrated training platform. You can get a weekly assessment report of how well your talent is faring in the employee training program. The curriculum is personalized according to the needs of your workforce. Lessons are delivered in short and engaging video-based modules by the best training experts available to clear any doubts your employees might have. In addition, we provide you with constant feedback so you can prepare for what comes next. And don’t worry, the feedback goes both ways.
Future-proofing your business is crucial now, starting with your workforce. So first, let’s discuss what your workforce needs. Talk to one of our experts today.
- Big Challenges Facing Tech Teams and How to Tackle Them - November 15, 2022
- Protect Test Integrity in Remote Assessments with AI - November 7, 2022
- Skill Gaps in Software Development: How to Identify and Close Them? - October 31, 2022