Recruitment is a cost-center – it has been relegated to that spot for many decades in almost every industry. It is where money, time, resources, and valuable attention get spent. And this center can quickly turn into a black hole when it sucks in value without churning out outcomes. These are outcomes expected in the form of competitive talent, productivity, high retention, positive work culture, and a rich employee journey. That’s when it can soon become the black sheep of the family. It’s not easy to change recruitment into a revenue center. But it’s possible to reduce the cost burden and raise its efficiency. This can be done by optimizing the time and bucks that go into activities like hiring, recruitment. And it has to be done at not one level but many.
Squeezing out more value
This optimization of recruitment and hiring process can be done by conscious efforts for time savings and chopping away manual effort. Of course, there are many ways to do this. But some salient approaches that work wonders are as follows:
- Using AI-powered assessment platforms like Oto_Code and Oto_Qualify to save time spent on unnecessary areas by humans
- Using AI to remove bias, accelerate the right-fit talent path and transform screening
- Letting AI do the job of identifying and mapping out the most promising candidates – and, thus, bringing in humans only at a later stage of the funnel – for high-value areas
- Building transparency and visibility to ensure satisfaction for candidates in the hiring and recruitment processes
- Removing errors, misleading resumes, and wrong-fit applications early on in the hiring, recruitment process
- Enabling a holistic assessment that covers technical skills, aptitude, values, and culture-fit
- Undertaking comprehensive candidate evaluation with tests on communication, reasoning, coding, etc. through MCQs and subjective tests alike
- Using intelligent and live remote proctoring for expanding across geographies and candidate pools with solid flexibility and ease
- Integrating seamlessly with other partners and business areas
- Using gamified assessments, video interviews, domain-specific assessments, and personality tests to expand the coverage of hiring, recruitment processes
- Tracking and monitoring through intuitive and robust analytics
- Measuring only the metrics that matter and aligning closely to job descriptions
- Empowering decision-makers with real-time and deep insights
- Helping to streamline the entire process from application, evaluation, qualification to selection and on-boarding with cloud-driven workflow tools- all this with splendid candidate engagement in all aspects of recruitment
Tech in hiring – it’s working
This shows that by removing flab and delays from the hiring processes, one can achieve agility, efficiency, and time savings – and still hire the best candidate—a candidate who will create value through productivity, performance, and competitive advantage.
Yes, areas like recruitment do consume resources. Still, they are also the ones that ultimately fuel the revenue centers of marketing, operations, innovation, and every other department in the organization.
Before we dismiss them as mere cost-centers, we should realize their inevitable and indispensable role. And by optimizing them well, we can build them more strongly as the nerve-centers of a company. Fast, agile, and ready to spark the subsequent growth explosion.
- Embracing Agility and Inclusion: The Power of a Skills-First Approach in Talent Management - August 14, 2023
- How to Reduce Time to Proficiency and Measure Onboarding Effectiveness - August 10, 2023
- Unleashing the Power of AI: Transforming Learning and Development in Your Organization - August 1, 2023