The reason for any business’s existence is the customer. If the customer is not satisfied, happy, and strongly inclined to interact with the organization, no matter how much capital you have or how great a product you have, or how strong your brand is, nothing will matter. And customer service support is where these customers come to talk. Whenever they have a question, a doubt, or even a complaint – that’s the eventual door they will knock. So it becomes essential that when they call or click here, they get an interaction which is:
- Simple and friction-free
- Interested in their well-being and satisfaction -beyond a transaction
- Able to solve the problem or address the need in a timely and personalized way
So you cannot hire just anyone to do these essential jobs. You need people who have both the technical skills and the soft skills required to do this job well. They should be able to understand the product, the industry, the customer context, the process or technical aspects involved and lead a customer from a frustrated or neutral place to a place where s/he goes back with a positive experience and a favorable brand image of the company.
Hire for the long game
All this means that while hiring someone for this role; suitable, and right assessments should be ensured so that exemplary customer service talent is chosen and trained. A good assessment can be judged based on these criteria:
- It allows you to test the job skills and the employee’s potential time-efficient but effective way.
- It helps you to gauge hard skills about the product, problem-solving aspects, and other competence areas that the job requires.
- It also helps you find out the hard-to-test soft skills in a precise and profound way.
- It allows the candidate to have a realistic job preview – as some hotels in Las Vegas have started giving to potential hires so that they can have a hands-on feel of what a typical day looks like or what it means to interact with an angry customer.
- It also adds scope for judging a person’s caliber in specific situations and sudden emergencies.
- It helps to inject focus and the deep context in the interview and assessment.
- It gives chances to include peer-review, reference checks, and evaluation of culture alignment.
Hire the right tools before you hire talent
This is possible by using a technology-enriched solution like Oto_Qualify. This AI-powered platform helps execute unbiased, practical, and precise assessments for a wide range of customer-service situations and industries. It is excellent support for many companies when assessing candidates for aptitude, skills, communication, reasoning, competence, and long-term potential. All this can be done anywhere, anytime, and without bias. It is also supported with immense ease of integration, implementation, and real-time insights to squeeze out the best outcomes from the process. Impressively enough, Oto_Qualify is helping customer service assessments through a versatile range of features:
- Video interviews
- Specific skill tests
- Gamified assessments
- Personality questionnaires
- Subjective tests
- Domain-specific tests
Ensuring that customers feel the presence of proactive, confident, digitally fluid, and prompt service starts way back when recruiters are recruiting their customer service soldiers. So start doing that with the same friendly and smart voice you wish to have when a customer calls you. Start doing that with technology that comes to your rescue, at your service.
- Embracing Agility and Inclusion: The Power of a Skills-First Approach in Talent Management - August 14, 2023
- How to Reduce Time to Proficiency and Measure Onboarding Effectiveness - August 10, 2023
- Unleashing the Power of AI: Transforming Learning and Development in Your Organization - August 1, 2023