Employment skills test, whether used at the time of screening or during the recruitment process, acts as parameters that decide if an applicant can fit in the organization. An incorrect decision in the hiring process can lead to significant losses to an organisation in terms of cost as well as productivity. Recruiters and HR managers strive to select the best candidate for a role that would add value to the functioning of an organisation.
85% of Job Applicants Lie on Resumes
Such unethical acts are the reason employment skills tests are need of the hour to select the ideal candidate. These tests analyse the capabilities and proficiency of the applicants, eventually leading to the right hire.
The employment skills test is assigned with variables called test scores. These scores enable the recruiter to understand the potential of the candidate and whether they would fit in the criteria led down by the organization. The employment skills test scores are unbiased and depend totally on the attempt made by the applicant anonymously which clearly eliminates any partial act towards the applicant leading to an ethical and right hire. The skills test scores vary according to the role expected to be performed by the candidate.
How do the test scores play out in different roles?
For instance, if the recruiter is hiring to fulfil the vacancy for a post relating to technology where expert knowledge in the field of computers, software, engineering, etc., is required then scoring good in the demonstration task assigned to the candidate is a must as compared to scores of other tasks. But when the recruiter is hiring a receptionist, the communication skills test score holds more authority than the numerical score. The standards of measuring the scores procured by the candidates depend on the role and suitability to the post in an organisation.
A structured recruitment process comprises several levels where initially online or offline examination can be conducted, wherein a minimum score criterion eliminates candidates and lets the qualified ones proceed ahead. Employment skills test score can further be added during the calculation of the final results, stating the overall performance of an applicant. Other rounds like the demonstration, group discussion, interview, performance in working in a group, etc., lets the recruiter examine and assign a score to the applicant.
Employment skills test helps in benchmarking the performers.
- The employment skills test score acts as a scanning tool that eliminates under performing candidates saving time in the recruitment process.
- If the recruiter is hiring in a high-volume, the employment skills test score in the pre-assessment test disqualifies the applicants according to the criterion set for qualifying. This makes the process quick as well as seamless.
- Impartial decisions strictly on the basis of talent and intelligence of the potential candidate give complete peace of mind to the recruiters.
- The responsibility of providing a skilled workforce which is able to deliver on the expectations is the primary responsibility of the human resource department. Employment skill tests and the test scores make the task easy and effective.
- It filters the potential candidates capable of entering the next rounds of the process.
- The employment skills test score allows the employer to know where training is needed or if the new entrant is ready to take up the role immediately.
Poor hiring decisions can lead to financial losses to the organisation.
An average of $14,900 is borne by the organization for every bad hire.
Employment skills assessment helps the organisation reduce the turnover cost as well as the loss it may have to bear for making wrong decisions.
These tests enable the recruiters to hire the ‘ideal candidate’ by refining the process and leverage the technology. A right candidate adds not only vital skills but also warmth and inspiration which motivates the morals of team members in a department. The recruitment process is arduous and costly; hence, employment skills test can assist in running the entire recruitment process by scanning applicants, testing skills, background check, reliability, and ability of the applicant to perform on the job, etc. Skill testing for employment in the future which has already arrived! Organizations should deploy next-gen AI-enabled skill-testing platforms to hire the right talent and stay ahead of the competition.
- Big Challenges Facing Tech Teams and How to Tackle Them - November 15, 2022
- Protect Test Integrity in Remote Assessments with AI - November 7, 2022
- Skill Gaps in Software Development: How to Identify and Close Them? - October 31, 2022