The COVID-19 outbreak is impacting every single aspect known to man. Organizations have fundamentally altered the way they conduct business, leading to reduced hiring to sustain revenues and margins. Businesses now rely on their recruitment teams to guide them through this unprecedented period with their talent acquisition strategies.
Talent acquisition has become a tricky space for businesses to navigate. But the need to navigate to the ‘New Normalcy’ has urged recruiters to digitize their workforce strategies with talent acquisition software and usher in the ‘smart’ era.
Talent Acquisition Software: The Key to Smart Hiring
Keeping a foresight on the future, there is a pressing need for HR teams to upgrade their arsenal with talent acquisition software and other online recruitment tools to reduce dependencies on offline set-ups.
It is during these challenging times, the demand for talent acquisition software has grown to include several feature upgrades to make it more relevant.
New Talent Acquisition Software Features to Look Out For
Earlier, a talent acquisition software that took care of most of the repetitive manual processes was considered adequate. Fast forward, recruiters look for solutions that work seamlessly and cater to the paradigm shift. Here are some of the innovations to keep an eye out for:
1. AI-Powered Career Journeys: Career pages of company websites are now powered with AI to offer candidates a tailor-made experience that suits their particular interests, capabilities, and areas of passion.
2. Video Interviewing: The interviewing process is irreplaceable, but these days it is impossible to carry out in-person interviews. So the solution is for candidates and interviewers to meet each other online. Teleconferencing software embedded in a talent acquisition software makes it easier for virtual interviews to be conducted in a secure, professional manner.
Videos are also being empowered with AI. This helps recruiters to go back one step and hold virtual live coding assessments. The reports video analytics with a report on plagiarism and deviation if any from the rules of the test.
3. Increased Automation: A large number of tasks, which could earlier have been done by people, are now done by machines. HR professionals too have to work from home in larger numbers, and they wouldn’t have access to the people and larger office appliances that took care of some of the processes, such as scanning documents and printing offer letters. A smart talent acquisition software that can accommodate these processes saves a lot of time and unwanted physical paperwork generation.
4. Online Communication & Storage: An innovation in the talent acquisition software that enables the HR professional and potential candidates to keep in touch with each other during the entire process virtually, enables easy exchange of information and documents for verification and onboarding purposes. The innovation should offer sufficient storage facilities, such as cloud storage and secure access to stored data.
5.AI for Talent Screening: One of the qualitative jobs performed by HR professionals is scanning a candidate’s qualifications and deciding if they are eligible for further selection rounds. While this process should not be completely replaced by artificial intelligence, at least the process of reviewing thousands of applications for one job opening can be handled by it initially, and then the final filtration by HR professionals.
It’s time for the HR teams to embrace innovations to stay relevant for now and beyond.
- Best Ways To Test Developers Before Building Your Tech Team - July 26, 2021
- Top Reasons You May Struggle to Build Compatible Tech Teams - July 5, 2021
- 8 Simple Steps to a Great Remote Onboarding Process for Tech Hires - July 1, 2021