You don’t stop the journey when you arrive at a river; you start rowing the boat. Virtual assessment tools and hiring software are these very oars that talent acquisition heads and CIOs are finding useful.
If you happen to see a recent Accenture report about the current pandemic impact, you would be fascinated to spot that even in the best of times, people’s trust and engagement at work emerge as a function of three human needs: physical, mental, and relational. Now the challenge is that these needs amplify during the time of a crisis. This is why business leaders have to build higher levels of human resilience. They have to enable their people to adapt, engage, and serve customers.
How do they do that?
The challenge is more, not less when the office elevators are silent. Businesses must continue to manage, motivate, and reward talent, lockdown, or no lockdown. Accenture suggests the need for an Elastic Digital Workplace. That means most HR processes have to help the organizations retain their elasticity in a challenging period. For this to happen, a lot needs to be reimagined and reconfigured.
Virtual Assessment: Pressing the right buttons
Remote work is emerging as the first-answer as we can see happening in most of the companies around. Recall the Gallup’s State of the American Workplace 2017 study, which found that 43% of employees work remotely with some frequency. In a five-day workweek, working remotely for two to three days turned out to be the most productive. Cut to today, as per Global Workplace Analytics, 56% of employees have a job where they could, in theory, work from home regularly.
Being on and being elastic
This is where one needs the best collaboration tools, robust network connectivity, virtual working, and advanced security procedures. One needs to get up on the trajectory again and keep key processes like virtual assessment at their best levels.
Hiring Software: One pill, for many ills
The use of just any tool would not suffice. This time, a virtual assessment tool has to promise more than the travel-cost advantage or the number-of-people-Maths. The tool has to offer something more – security, near-human collaboration, and uninterrupted flows in this unique circumstance.
For remote assessments, in particular, the tool has to be assimilated with the overall talent context, data, history, and future needs of an organization. After all, a lot will change when we enter the post-Corona world.
To reimagine and reorient to that world, one would need to have the right competencies in place and ready. That’s where the sharpest and human-est remote assessment tools would make an impact.
- It allows companies to harness assessment as a key contributor to the overall talent strengths that they need now.
- Hiring managers, talent acquisition heads, and CIOs can use it as more than a quick-fix-switch for solving physical and travel constraints. It can deepen their actual impact on talent management.
- It brings in features and experience designed to deliver profound HR outcomes like the organizational alignment with talent, skill competitiveness, and more.
- It corresponds well with overall talent goals, strategies, and gaps that an organization faces – more so in these uncertain times, where everything is in a state of flux and keeps changing every next day.
- Its neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) powered feature “Acumen” can create a fitting assessment specific to a job description. Further, it helps assess a candidate using his/her body language, expressions, and actions taken during the test.
- Its powerful video analytics and insightful reports help save tons of time, cost and reduce unintended bias.
It is not about just going remote anymore. It is about distilling the real advantages of going remote without sacrificing all the result areas pursued earlier. It is also about the ability to tie in and work in smooth alignment with other HR areas that can later on reboot in an on-premise format again.
Virtual assessment with the right AI-powered tools can sustain beyond a temporary solution. As long as you pick the right oars. The ones that can change into a steering wheel when the time shifts to a new reality.
Invest in tomorrow. And continue to survive today with confidence and business continuity.
- How to Create a Great Candidate Experience in Tech Hiring? - May 10, 2021
- Streamline Your Hiring Process While Finding the Right Developers - May 6, 2021
- Build a High Performing and Diverse Tech Team - May 4, 2021